Bounty Hunter’s Guide
I’ve written up a basic guide for us here:
Here is how it works:
- Guild Bounties have 3 Tiers.
- Tier 1 has 2 targets, Tier 2 has 3 targets, and Tier 3 has 6.
- Target choice is random, and are chosen as soon as it activates.
- Each Tier lasts 15 minutes, meaning time is of the essence.
- Apart from 2 or 3 of the targets, all targets roam a specific path of a map. There are 15 total.
- As a result, we want to TRACK the targets before activating the bounty, giving us enough time to get there and kill them.
This is how we do it:
- If possible, get 15+ people online, both TROD and BEER.
- Organise into teams, labelled Team 1, 2 and 3.
- Said teams take the appropriate targets from here.
- Team 1 takes 1-5, Team 2 takes 6-10, Team 3 takes 11-15.
- The teams decide who in their team will take which target.
- If there are more than 15 players, extra players should go to one of the harder targets and help (Sotzz the Scallywag, Prisoner 1141, Teesa etc.).
- Try to find your targets with help from the Dulfy maps (go the opposite way to the routes to find them quicker).
- Once found, tell your group. The team leaders will notify Guild chat with 2/5 for Team 1, or 4/5 for Team 3 etc.
- Keep tracking them until people are ready. Here is where it gets tricky…
Starting the Bounties:
- We want to find as many targets as possible BEFORE activating the Bounty. However, OTHER guilds can attack the targets if they are hunting them.
- If killed, the target will respawn immediately, but somewhere else along their path. You will have to hunt them again.
- As such, we don’t want to waste time finding 1 or 2 more targets if the majority of us have found our targets and other guilds are also following them.
- Once activated, the targets appear in the Guild window under Missions. We will also announce them in Guild Chat.
- We take the top target on the list first, unless we haven’t found it – At which point the next one we have found on the list is targeted.
- Whoever is tracking the current targets stays with them, and pings (Ctrl Click or Shift Click) the nearest Waypoint and gives a direction (i.e.: South of [Beacon's Waypoint], or ping a nearby Point of Interest.
- Everyone jumps to there, kills the target as fast as possible. At this point whoever is tracking the other targets DOES NOT transport – We need to keep track of the other targets!
- As soon as the target is dead, the next tracker pings the location of the 2nd target, everyone travels there, and murder them (the target, not the tracker).